Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Moorland Morris Mayhem!




Ahhhhhh! Missed my alarm clock and managed to whizz up to the moors to catch one of the Morris Dancers who had been dancing at Haytor Rock to celebrate the first day of Summer. The ancient Celts and Saxons celebrated May 1st as Beltane or the day of fire. Bel was the Celtic god of the sun. Sadly I missed the dancing and the crew was just leaving on its way to celebrate a weekend of dancing at the Sweeps festival in Kent.
I was too late to collect the film crew who were gonna film it all properly but I had my pocket camera handy so I shot what I could... sorry about the wind!

1 comment:

Daniel Russel said...

ha ha! that was quite good yo! shame about the alarm though... Love your garden visitor.. How's the crows council estate getting on??
see you soon! :D